Save your Money and Save Democracy. Nationwide General Boycott begins Monday April 22, 2019. Listed below are the ideas that were received where to look to save money.
- Stop “unconscious spending” . Become aware of what you are buying. Those “I’ll buy it because it’s just a couple dollars purchases” add up.
- Make coffee at home or at the office. You’ll save $150/mo if you cut daily $5 stops at Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, et.al.
- Why buy bottled water? The water in most major cites is as good.
- Do you really need a new phone? Some phones cost over $1,000. Paying just $45/mo over a 24 month period costs you $1,080.
- Postpone your vacation or vacation locally.
- Reduce business travel. Have meeting via phone conferences.
- Shop in your closet closet. You’ll be amazed at all the clothes and shoes you’ll find there. And some may have never been worn.
- If you “have” to shop, shop at thrift stores.
- Limit the “fast food” stops. If you are buying “fast food” 5 days a week and spending $7/stop, you are spending $140/mo on fast food.
- Organize community potlucks, use the food you have in your pantry and freezer, and make vegetable soup.
- Ride share or use your bike to get around.
- Give up your storage locker. Take the stored items and have a garage sale.
- Buy your fruit and vegetables from farmers markets.
- Explore all the alternative cable TV, phone and internet services.
** Reality Winner is an American Hero. In May, 2017, she provided evidence to the news media that Russia was hacking into our voting machines. At the time trump was saying No Russian Interference. Trump’s administration denied her the right to a speedy trial. She was denied bail and held in a small county jail for 16 months. Her requests to call witnesses was denied. Both the right to a speedy trail and the right to call witnesses is guaranteed under the Sixth Amendment to the US Constitution, Trump mocked her after she was sentenced to a prison term 63 months. Unless something is done, she will remain in prison for another three years.